Avant Garde - Experimental Cinema (1921-47) 19 films DVDRip

Época del cine silente (silent films), hasta 1936 inclusive. (<= 1936)
Reglas del Foro
Hay una potente herramienta para armar la plantilla a la hora de publicar: el Generador de fichas de cine.
There is a powerful tool to design the post at time of publishing here: the Generator of cinema´s templates.

Avant Garde - Experimental Cinema (1921-47) 19 films DVDRip

Notapor satantango » Sab Sep 17, 2005 4:42 am

Novedades en Fileheaven, gracias a Fitzcarraldo.

Estos films, de gran importancia histórica, fueron ripeados de la reciente edición en doble DVD Avant Garde - Experimental Cinema of the 1920s & 1930s, de la Rohauer Collection.

Imagen

The Life and Death of 9413, A Hollywood Extra
Directed by Robert Florey and Slavko Vorkapich
US 1928
13 Min.

This satirical experimental work shows cinematographer Gregg Toland (Citizen Kane, The Grapes of Wrath) at his very best. Toland's use of expressive light and shadows make this an extraordinary film to look at. The classic jazz score perfectly underlines the pictures and creates a dreamlike feeling. There is a reason why Toland is known as one of cinema's greatest cinematographers.

Lenght: 00:13:45
Video: XviD at 1288kb/s 576 x 432 29.971 fps
Audio: Mp3 at 128kb/s

eD2K link Robert.Florey.-.The.life.and.death.of.9413.a.Hollywood.extra.(1928).DVDrip.avi

Imagen

Ménilmontant
Directed by Dimitri Kirsanoff
France 1926
37 Min.

Dimitri Kirsanoff's masterpiece “Ménilmontant” opens with a furiously fast edited axe murder that somehow foreshadows “Battleship Potemkin”. It then resolves to be a moving drama about two sisters, one of them played by Nadia Sibirskaia who is probably the most talented silent film actress next to Lillian Gish. Kirsanoff tells his poetic story without intertitles and knows exactly that the facial expressions of his actors reveal everything we have to know about the emotional states of the characters. The mise-en-scene is fabulous, the melancholic score underlines the beauty of the images and all that is presented on a very good print. There is a scene in which an old man shares his bread with Sibirskaia, that is so beautiful and tragic that it moved me to tears. This is not only the highlight of the collection, but also one of the greatest films I have ever seen.

Lenght: 00:37:54
Video: XviD at 1157kb/s

eD2K link Dimitri.Kirsanoff.-.Menilmontant.(1924-25).DVDrip.avi

Imagen

Brumes d'Automne (Autumn Mists)
Directed by Dimitri Kirsanoff
France 1928
12 Min.

“Brumes d'Automne” proves that Dimitri Kirsanoff is one of the most underrated of all great directors. Because this is a quite short cinematic poem, “Brumes d'Automne” is not as moving as “Ménilmontant”, but contains some of the most beautiful pictures ever put on celluloid. I especially think of Nadia Sibirskaia's face, with tears in her eyes. The film also makes use of contrapuntal sound and features a magnificent score by Arthur Honegger, who also composed the music for Kirsanoff's 1933 film “Rapt”. All in all, a great companion to “Ménilmontant”.

Lenght: 00:12:17
Video: XviD at 1457kb/s

eD2K link Dimitri.Kirsanoff.-.Brumes.D'Autumne.(1928).DVDrip.avi

Imagen

Rhythmus 21 (Film Is Rhythm)
Directed by Hans Richter
Germany 1921
3 Min.

“Rhythmus 21” was Hans Richter's first film. It contains three minutes of geometrical visuals, constantly changing in size and form.

Lenght: 00:03:22
Video: XviD at 1,5MB
Audio: Mp3 at 128 kb/s

eD2K link Hans.Richter.-.Rhytmus.21.(1921).DVDrip.avi

Imagen

Vormittagsspuk (Ghosts Before Breakfast)
Directed by Hans Richter
Germany 1928
9 Min.

This 1928 Hans Richter-film is a mixture of surrealism and slapstick comedy. Its quite entertaining, but remains a shallow experimental work without the poetic depth of the Kirsanoff and Ray-films.

Lenght: 00:09:02

eD2K link Hans.Richter.-.Vormittagsspuk.(1928).DVDrip.avi

Imagen

Anémic Cinéma
Directed by Marcel Duchamp
France 1926
6 Min.

This is surely an interesting visual experiment for Dada and Duchamp-fans, but nothing more than that. The score by Donald Sosin is very modern and as much as I loved the music individually, it doesn't fit into the movie's tone.

Lenght:
Video: XviD at 1,6MB

eD2K link Marcel.Duchamp.-.Anemic.Cinema.(1926).DVDrip.avi

Imagen

Symphonie Diagonale (Diagonal Symphony)
Directed by Viking Eggeling
Germany 1924
7 Min.

Eggeling's “Symphonie Diagonale” must have been an enormous influence on Hans Richter's work. This is less of a “cinépoèm” than an experiment with what you can do with the art form cinema. In that sense its neither dramatic nor touching, but visually attractive and interesting, especially for students of Dadaism.

Lenght: 00:07:29

eD2K link Viking.Eggeling.-.Symphonie.Diagonale.(1924).DVDrip.avi

Imagen

Le Vampire
Directed by Jean Painlevé
France 1939-45
9 Min.

One of the few sound films in the collection. Jean Painlevé's ambitious “Le Vampire” futures a soundtrack that reminded me of those old Cabaret shows. However, this is more of a biological examination of nature than a piece of cinematic art. Its actually quite senseless.

Lenght: 00:08:52
Video: XviD at 1,4MB

eD2K link Jean.Painleve.-.Le.Vampire.(1939-45).DVDrip.avi

Imagen

The Hearts of Age
Directed by Orson Welles and William Vance
US 1934
8 Min.

To see this debut experimental film of Orson Welles is a very exciting experience for me, since he is one of my favorite directors of all time. The first thing that got my attention was the brilliant soundtrack, as well as Welles' artistic photography. However, this is only a nice little experiment by a young man who would later become a genius of the cinematic art. Nevertheless, “The Hearts of Age” is fun to look at.

Lenght: 00:08:11

eD2K link Orson.Welles.-.The.Hearts.of.Age.(1934).DVDrip.avi

Imagen

Überfall (Assault)
Directed by Ernö Metzner
Germany 1928
22 Min.

Ernö Metzner's “Überfall” is a beautifully photographed film, especially in the end, when the director stars to work with shadows. The film features some extraordinary close-ups and sometimes reminded me of Fritz Lang's “M”. One of the classically narrative movies in this set.

Lenght: 00:21:14
Video: XviD at 1.4MB

eD2K link Erno.Metzner.-.Uberfall.(1928).DVDrip.avi

Imagen

La Glace à trois faces (The Three-Sided Mirror)
Directed by Jean Epstein
France 1927
33 Min.

This film features voice-over translation, which I thought was horrible. I would preferred English subtitles, but what can we do? “La Glace à trois faces” itself is a nice drama with convincing performances.

Lenght: 00:40:54
Video: XviD at 1,3 MB

eD2K link Jean.Epstein.-.La.Glace.a.Trois.Face.(1927).DVDrip.avi

Imagen

Le Tempestaire (The Tempest)
Directed by Jean Epstein
France 1947
22 Min.

The print of Le Tempestaire is in very good condition. The picture quality here is much better than on other films from the package (but I've still seen much better restored prints of movies from the 40s). This is clearly the better Epstein-film of the two in the collection. Symbolism and mise-en-scene are very interesting, and the moody score (which consists of blowing wind and the noise of the ocean) creates a ghostlike atmosphere. The only thing that I disliked about “Le Tempestaire” was the dialogue. Completely unnecessary. Nevertheless, a very fascinating film.

Lenght: 00:22:40

eD2K link Jean.Epstein.-.Le.Tempestaire.(1947).DVDrip.avi

Imagen

Romance Sentimentale (Sentimental Romance)
Directed by Sergei Eisenstein and Grigori V. Alexandrov
France 1930
16 Min.

“Autumn… sadness…
dead love… such are
the themes of this old
Russian song.”

Described as a “cinematographic study” in the beginning, this film from Sergei Eisenstein (Battleship Potemkin) and Grigori V. Alexandrov is in every sense an experimental film. Alexis Archangelskys dynamic score underlines the extremely fast cutting in the beginning and then turns into a more melancholic mood when the directors start with their heavy symbolism. Interesting and quite different.

Lenght: 00:20:25
Video: XviD at 1,4 MB

eD2K link Sergei.Eisenstein.-.Romance.Sentimentale.(1930).DVDrip.avi

Imagen

Autumn Fire
Directed by Herman G. Weinberg
US 1931
15 Min.

This is another film poem about autumn, the avant-garde generations' favorite season, and loneliness. Weinberg captured a lot of romantic pictures of nature and underlined them with a sad, nostalgic score. This is a quiet meditation on life and in some way reminded me of some of Ingmar Bergman's work, at least a few moments.

Lenght: 00:15:29
Audio Mp3 at 128kb/s

eD2K link Herman.C..Weinberg.-.Autumn.Fire..(1931).DVDrip.avi

Imagen

Manhattan
Directed by Paul Strand and Charles Sheeler
US 1921
10 Min.

A few mass scenes in this film are quite similar to “Modern Times” and this film is not that different from Chaplin's classic. It is concerned with the industry and work in New York. Visually mediocre, with a flat soundtrack, I wasn't really impressed by Strand's and Sheeler's film.

Lenght: 00:09:53

eD2K link Paul.Strand.-.Manhattan.(1921).DVDrip.avi

Imagen

La Coquille et le Clergyman (The Seashell and the Clergyman)
Directed by Germaine Dulac
France 1926
31 Min.

Very interesting camerawork in this film, but only in the beginning. Dulac masterfully uses light and shadows to create quite an expressionistic mood.

Lenght: 00:31:44
Video: ZviD at 1,4 MB

eD2K link Germaine.Dulac.-.La.Coquille.et.le.Clergyman.(1926).DVDrip.avi

Imagen

Regen (Rain)
Directed by Joris Ivens
Netherlands 1929
14 Min.

“Regen” is a visually neat film and a romantic exploration of water. Ivens' composition is not as eye-catching as in “H²O”, but still nice to look at.

Lenght: 00:12:01

eD2K link Joris.Ivens.-.Regen.(1929).DVDrip.avi

Imagen

H²O
Directed by Ralph Steiner
US 1929
12 Min.

“H²O” follows the tradition of “Regen” and is another film about water (as the title reveals). The pictures are beautifully floating in front of you and make this quite a relaxing experience.

Lenght: 00:12:01
Video: Xvid at 1,3 MB

eD2K link Ralph.Steiner.-.H2O.(1929).DVDrip.avi

Imagen

Even -- As You And I
Directed by Roger Barlow, Harry Hay and LeRoy Robbins
US 1937
12 Min.

The last film in this set is a light-hearted comedy about three friends trying to write scripts for a Hollywood movie contest. Its not as satirical as “The Life and Death of 9413, A Hollywood Extra” but entertaining and funny. Very different from the other films in the set.

Lenght: 00:12:15
Video: XviD at 1347kb/s

eD2K link Roger.Barlow.-.Even.--.As.you.and.I.(1937).DVDrip.avi

[ Add all 19 links to your ed2k client ]
Última edición por satantango el Jue Abr 05, 2007 10:44 pm, editado 1 vez en total
satantango
Director consagrado
Director consagrado

Notapor MurnauVsBuñuel » Sab Sep 17, 2005 12:04 pm

vaya telón ripeos de DVD de cine experimental , pedazo colección, uno no sabe por donde empezar, poco a poco.
gracias satantango
MurnauVsBuñuel
Director de culto
Director de culto

Notapor davidgore » Mar Oct 25, 2005 10:56 pm

Son en V.O?, o es que no hay dialogo?
A la mierda la censura!!
davidgore
Interesado en aprender
Interesado en aprender

Notapor satantango » Mié Oct 26, 2005 8:31 pm

Están en VO. No necesitan traducción ni subtítulos, no tienen diálogos. Se trata de puro cine visual y sensorial.
Saludos
satantango
Director consagrado
Director consagrado

Notapor kimkiduk » Mié Ene 18, 2006 5:45 pm

satantango escribió:Están en VO. No necesitan traducción ni subtítulos, no tienen diálogos. Se trata de puro cine visual y sensorial.
Saludos
Bluffs Oo , hasta ahora no había tenido la pausa necesaria para pincharlos poco a poco.
Ya con tiempo, voy a ir uno tras otro.
Excepcional de nuevo Satantango :amo:
Cualquier consulta o petición mándame un privado. No uso emule ni ningún programa de descarga por el momento, así que no podré recompartir películas.
kimkiduk
Director consagrado
Director consagrado

Notapor Jimmy » Mié Ene 18, 2006 6:52 pm

Pos otro que se apunta, pero poco a poco de uno en uno....Gracias Satán...
Pocos son los que son pocos JB.
Jimmy
Cinéfil@
Cinéfil@

Notapor madredenorman » Vie Ene 20, 2006 5:40 pm

- Empiezo con "The Life and Death of 9413, A Hollywood Extra" yo también ire poco a poco. Gracias por el soplo satantango.
"El mejor amigo para un muchacho es su madre"
madredenorman
Extra de cine
Extra de cine

Notapor gaiferos » Lun Mar 13, 2006 2:11 pm

Gracias (tanto por las conocidas como por las que desconocía).
Pinchando
gaiferos
Gran camarógraf@
Gran camarógraf@

Notapor kimkiduk » Lun Mar 13, 2006 2:22 pm

Yo completé todo este findesemana, y ya he visto algunas (acojonante Dimitri Kirsanoff)
Gracias again ST

PD: Bienvenido gaiferos :adios:
Cualquier consulta o petición mándame un privado. No uso emule ni ningún programa de descarga por el momento, así que no podré recompartir películas.
kimkiduk
Director consagrado
Director consagrado

Notapor rodolfobeban » Dom Oct 08, 2006 9:45 pm

Gracias Satantango nuevamente. Ya ire pinchando de a poco.
rodolfobeban
Recién llegad@
Recién llegad@

Notapor realidad » Mar Oct 10, 2006 7:09 pm

buenas, aquí uno nuevo por estos lares, nuevo y maravillado.
tuve la desgracia de perder mis joyas que ahora intento recuperar.
Algunos me resultan nuevos, ansioso por visionarlos.
Gracias satantago
hasta pronto, por aquí me moveré
lo importante no es lo que de verdad digo sino lo que de verdad miento.
Wan-chu-mint
realidad
Novatill@
Novatill@

Notapor queribus » Mié Oct 11, 2006 7:21 am

"queribus" escribió aquí:

Te sea conservado el virus del celuloide y la santa curiosidad por muchos años.
Gràcies
queribus

Notapor fredbuster » Dom Mar 18, 2007 12:44 am

No tengo palabras. Ni mil emoticones aplaudiendo mostrarían mi agradecimiento
fredbuster
Novatill@
Novatill@

Notapor jesloser » Mié Abr 25, 2007 6:20 pm

Gracias, satantango, por traer esta recopilación de cine experimental.
"La casualidad es la gran maestra de todas las cosas. La necesidad viene luego. No tiene la misma pureza" Luis Buñuel "En el vacío del amor/en un tiempo lunar lívido y frío/nace la envidia" José Ángel Valente
jesloser
Gran Productor
Gran Productor

Re: Avant Garde - Experimental Cinema (1921-47) 19 films DVDRip

Notapor talitacum » Mié Abr 16, 2008 12:33 am

Muchas felicidades! De veras!

Un trabajo de excepción y digno de publicarse hasta en papel

Increible trabajo!!

Gracias!
talitacum
Crítico de prestigio
Crítico de prestigio

Notapor rpanach » Mié Abr 16, 2008 7:18 pm

Hola!!!

Hace tiempo que no pasaba por el foro. De hecho casi todas mis entradas habían sido casi furtivas buscando títulos concretos. Anoche volví a entrar y me quedé maravillado con el mundo paralelo que supone este foro. he de reconocer que saber que hay tantas películas que no he visto y que están al alcance me crea un poco de ansiedad. Pero, enseguida se me pasa.

vaya por delante, que dudo que pueda aportar algo a este foro al margen de mis preguntas llenas de curiosidad y opiniones varias.

Soltado este rollo, he de confesaros que me he quedado flipado con The Life and Death of 9413, A Hollywood Extra. me ha parecido de un modernismo (y no lo digo como corriente artística, sino como algo actual) que deja a cuadros a un montón de artistas que hacen videoinstalaciones. También me ha llamado mucho la atención la música. Yo lo llamaría free jazz o lo que hace unos años se llamó post-rock con bandas como Tortoise. Pero aquí tengo una duda. Al final del corto salen unos carteles con una fecha , más o menos actual. ¿Se refiere a la remasterización del corto o algo así? ES que por un momento he pensado que era algo relacionado con la música y que la habían compuesto ahora para acompañar las imágenes de entonces.

Bueno, me pongo a bajar el siguiente de la lista.

gracias
rpanach
Interesado en aprender
Interesado en aprender

Re: Avant Garde - Experimental Cinema (1921-47) 19 films DVD

Notapor qz_inactivo_0843 » Mié May 07, 2008 10:53 pm

"thishia10" escribió aquí:

Que progrma necesito para poder ver estos videos. gracias :-)
El usuario que que escribió este post está inactivo desde el 4to Bimestre del 2008
qz_inactivo_0843
Aficionad@
Aficionad@

Notapor pepablo » Mar Oct 14, 2008 6:39 pm

subtítulos para La tempestad de Jean Epstein

eD2K link Le.Tempestaire.Jean.Epstein.1947.esp.srt
pepablo
Interesado en aprender
Interesado en aprender

Notapor jm1983 » Mar Oct 14, 2008 7:19 pm

Genial, gracias pepablo. Me encanta este corto, con subs lo entenderé mejor y además quizá se animen algunos que no lo conocían :good:
jm1983
Guionista colosal
Guionista colosal

Siguiente

Volver a Cine Mudo (hasta 1936)