Four Sons (John Ford, 1928) VHSRip VOSE / DVDRip VOSE

Época del cine silente (silent films), hasta 1936 inclusive. (<= 1936)
Reglas del Foro
Hay una potente herramienta para armar la plantilla a la hora de publicar: el Generador de fichas de cine.
There is a powerful tool to design the post at time of publishing here: the Generator of cinema´s templates.

Re: Four Sons (John Ford, 1928) TVRip VOSE

Notapor batallans » Jue Jul 03, 2008 7:36 pm

bruce banner escribió:Por fin ha aparecido el ansiado DVDRip de esta maravilla en KG. Adivinad quien lo está descargando. :mrgreen:

:jis: :si:
¿eso quiere decir que habrá un nuevo ripio, jejejejjjejeje?

gracias anticipadas, bruce :hola:
batallans
Director consagrado
Director consagrado

Notapor Forrest Gump » Jue Jul 03, 2008 9:44 pm

Muy buena noticia, bruce. :si: Yo, finalmente, me he hecho con una copia del DVD, pero igual me bajaré el rip si viene con el audio original (amnesiac me comentó hace un tiempo que estaba tratando de sincronizarlo).

Por cierto, en este momento, Karagarga parece caído. Oo

EDITO: Ahora KG ya funciona normalmente. :mrgreen:
If you want to know, ask Joe
Forrest Gump
Director consagrado
Director consagrado

Notapor Mr. Magoo » Vie Jul 04, 2008 12:41 am

Muy esperado este ripeo, sin duda ... Por cierto, ¿qué otras cosas faltan por aparecer del pack de Ford? ... Oo
"I don't know what's gonna happen, man ... But I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames" J. Morrison
Mr. Magoo
Director consagrado
Director consagrado

Notapor Forrest Gump » Vie Jul 04, 2008 5:42 am

Mr. Magoo escribió:... ¿qué otras cosas faltan por aparecer del pack de Ford? ... Oo

The world moves on. amnesiac ya la tiene ripeada, así que en cualquier momento la tendremos por aquí. :si:
Forrest Gump
Director consagrado
Director consagrado

Notapor bruce banner » Vie Jul 04, 2008 7:51 am

Forrest Gump escribió:The world moves on. amnesiac ya la tiene ripeada, así que en cualquier momento la tendremos por aquí. :si:

Atento estaré para echarle a ésta también la zarpa. :-D
bruce banner
Director consagrado
Director consagrado

Notapor bruce banner » Vie Jul 04, 2008 10:54 am

Forrest Gump escribió:Yo, finalmente, me he hecho con una copia del DVD, pero igual me bajaré el rip si viene con el audio original (amnesiac me comentó hace un tiempo que estaba tratando de sincronizarlo).

amnesiac en KG:

I wasn't able to synch the Movietone soundtrack from the old rip to my satisfaction (the film was cut in places). I'll keep trying and if I ever get it synched correctly I will post it to the tracker.

:hola:
bruce banner
Director consagrado
Director consagrado

Notapor amnesiac » Vie Jul 04, 2008 11:08 am

Hey guys, I have a request to fill (Paul Cox's Molokai) and then I'll do The World Moves on.

I also have a rip of The Iron Horse to upload as well. The rip we have at KG doesn't look so good. So that will also be replaced. Once I've finished with that I shall be moving on to Cecil B DeMille. :)
amnesiac
Novatill@
Novatill@

Notapor bruce banner » Vie Jul 04, 2008 11:26 am

:yuju: :yuju: :amo: :amo:

amnesiac escribió:I also have a rip of The Iron Horse to upload as well. The rip we have at KG doesn't look so good. So that will also be replaced.

Bad AR :si:
bruce banner
Director consagrado
Director consagrado

Notapor Mr. Magoo » Vie Jul 04, 2008 12:31 pm

amnesiac escribió: Hey guys, I have a request to fill (Paul Cox's Molokai) and then I'll do The World Moves on.

I also have a rip of The Iron Horse to upload as well. The rip we have at KG doesn't look so good. So that will also be replaced. Once I've finished with that I shall be moving on to Cecil B DeMille. :)

Wonderful news, many thanks Amnesiac ... We'll be following your moves ... :jis: :good:
Última edición por Mr. Magoo el Lun Jul 07, 2008 12:10 am, editado 1 vez en total
"I don't know what's gonna happen, man ... But I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames" J. Morrison
Mr. Magoo
Director consagrado
Director consagrado

Four Sons (John Ford, 1928) DVDRip VOSE

Notapor bruce banner » Vie Jul 04, 2008 2:50 pm

Foratul en DXC

Torrente de KG (gracias a amnesiac, who else) que comparto en el emule

Four Sons (John Ford, 1928)
Imagen

Adaptacion: Philip Klein
Intertulios: H.H. Caldwell & Katherine Hilliker
basado en "Grandma Bernle Learns Her Letters" de I.A.R. Wylie

Estudio: Fox Film Corporation
Productor: John Ford

Fotografía: Charles G. Clarke & George Schneiderman
Editor: Margaret Clancey

Reparten: Margaret Mann, James Hall, Charles Morton, Ralph Bushman, George Meeker

Sinopsis cortísima: Tres hijos de una viuda de Baviera luchan en la Primera Guerran mundial en el bando alemán , mientras que un cuarto lucha por los Estados Unidos , enemigo de Alemania

A German Mother
Quite a graphic conception of the sufferings and tribulations of a German mother during the World War is unfurled in "Four Sons," a pictorial adaptation of Miss I. A. R. Wylie's story, "Grandma Bernle Learns Her Letters." This production, which was presented yesterday afternoon by William Fox at the Gaiety Theatre, is, as one might imagine, a highly sentimental study, one with a similar appeal to that old success, "Over the Hill." The menace, however, in this new contribution is not one of the sons, but the war, and the outstanding symbol of militarism is a Prussian Major, a fellow who might do wonderfully well in the role of Guy de Maupassant's "Mademoiselle Fifi." He is a pampered and perfumed pet of princes, who, when he uses his sword, knows full well that there are dozens at hand to protect him. He has a shallow chest, a stoop, a monocle and a sneer.

After the screening of the picture there was a dramatic few minutes when Mrs. Margaret Mann was introduced by Courtland Smith. Mrs. Mann is 60 years old. She impersonates Mother Bernle in the story. She, it seems, worked for ten years as an extra, and her first chance for fame came when Winfield R. Sheehan, general manager of the Fox Studios, chose her to act the principal role in this film. Mrs. Mann was obviously affected when called upon. She is a charming lady who gives an astoundingly competent performance as the German mother.

John Ford, who guided the destinies of "The Iron Horse," is responsible for the direction of this picture. In it he begins with the peaceful surroundings of a small German community, then he swings to the strife of war, then to official annoyances, and finally, he depicts his remaining characters enjoying comparative happiness. A little further imagination would have made some of Mr. Ford's sequences more stimulating, and, in the closing chapter, through some oversight, he fails to disclose how Mother Bernle was able to evade the Ellis Island authorities and land in Manhattan.

Anguish and sorrow seem to be reflected even in the manner in which some of the scenes are photographed. There are clear and misty effects, and the flashes of Mother Bernle's utter bewilderment at her first sight of New York on a rainy evening is finely portrayed. No sooner does Mother Bernle escape from the terrors of the subway crush than she encounters the hazards of traffic, and finally, for the first time, she loses her nerve, and sits down on the curbstone.

Mother Bernle's fortitude through the agony of war is brought out with a firm hand. She, before the clash of nations, sees her son, Joseph, leave for America. When hostilities break forth two of her sons are taken from her to serve in the army, leaving the youngest at home. Subsequently he is taken, and looking through a window. Mother Bernle watches the barber shaving Andrees's head. Her next shock is when she learns that Joseph is fighting with the American troops, and then she hears that the three sons in the German army have met their deaths. She is almost cheerful, courageous throughout, and in one scene this old lady is perceived sitting alone at the same table where she used to have the company of her four boys.

It is finally decided that she shall join Joseph in New York. But as she is illiterate she has to try to learn her "letters." So you see this grayhaired heroine sitting in a schoolroom with youngsters, learning what they are also being taught. Her mind does not grasp things as quickly, but she bravely tries to concentrate on her "studies."

When she is taken before the examining board at Ellis Island her memory fails her and she is therefore sent to a room. Joseph arrives at Ellis Island, but he is not permitted to see his mother because "it is after visiting hours."

Mrs. Mann is excellent in her portrain of Mother Bernle. She looks courageous. She appears to be bearing up in the face of great sorrow, and latterly she seems much too exhausted to fight any more. It is an extremely difficult rôle for an elderly woman, especially before a camera. Yet Mrs. Mann has succeeded in looking as if she were living the part.

James Hall is quite good as Joseph. The other sons are played by Francis X. Bushman Jr., Charles Morton and George Meeker. Their work is restrained and natural. June Collyer is charming as Joseph's American wife.

Among the notables in the cast are the Archduke Leopold of Austria, who contented himself by figuring as a German captain, and Ferdinand Schumann-Heink, son of the famous operatic singer, who impersonates a staff surgeon.

The Movietone accompaniment to this production was not always as melodious as one might hope for. The inclusion of a Movietone song is not especially appealing in this instance, and the idea of having a brother in the German army calling to his mother and being heard by Joseph, the Americanized brother, is rather disquieting.

<i>Morduant Hall, NY Times, February 14, 1928</i>

--------------------------------------
Capturas
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen

Datos
File Size (in bytes) ..........: 1,258,240,000 bytes
Runtime ....................: 01:36:30

Video Codec .....................: XviD
Frame Size ....................: 640x480 (AR: 1.333)
FPS .......................: 23.976
Video Bitrate .................: 1588 kb/s
Bits per Pixel ...............: 0.216 bpp
B-VOP, N-VOP, QPel, GMC.............: [B-VOP], [], [], []

Audio Codec .....................: 0x0055(MP3, ISO) MPEG-1 Layer 3
Sample Rate .....................: 48000 Hz
Audio Bitrate .................: 148 kb/s [2 channel(s)] VBR
No. of audio streams ...............: 1

Fox la ha editado con un nuevo soundtrack :( comenta amnesiac sobre intentos de ajustarle tambien la pista original del TVRip que "I wasn't able to synch the Movietone soundtrack from the old rip to my satisfaction (the film was cut in places). I'll keep trying and if I ever get it synched correctly I will post it to the tracker."

Película (silente con intertulios en inglés)
eD2K link Four Sons (John Ford, 1928) DVDRip.avi [1.17 Gb] 

Subtítulos (francés y español)
eD2K link Subpack Four Sons (John Ford, 1928] DVDRip.rar [248.6 Kb] 

Subtítulos en Español

IMDB - Senseofcinema
Última edición por bruce banner el Mar Jul 15, 2008 2:36 pm, editado 1 vez en total
bruce banner
Director consagrado
Director consagrado

Notapor James Mason » Vie Jul 04, 2008 8:08 pm

Copia de gran calidad. Me apunto a ella de cabeza
Gracias Bruce :hola:
James Mason
Director consagrado
Director consagrado

Notapor batallans » Vie Jul 04, 2008 10:49 pm

Gracias, Bruce. Y también a Foratul. :hola:
batallans
Director consagrado
Director consagrado

Re: Four Sons (John Ford, 1928) DVDRip VOSE

Notapor radiotelefonia » Sab Jul 05, 2008 1:21 am

Fox la ha editado con un nuevo soundtrack :( comenta amnesiac sobre intentos de ajustarle tambien la pista original del TVRip que "I wasn't able to synch the Movietone soundtrack from the old rip to my satisfaction (the film was cut in places). I'll keep trying and if I ever get it synched correctly I will post it to the tracker."

Yo mismo le itenté sincronizar la banda de sonido Movietone y no quedo perfectamente bien, porque la restauración presenta algunos cortes menores al finalizar generalmente cada acto para que no se note el cambio de rollos.

Tendrían que haberlos dejado ya que en total cortaron casi un minuto de metraje... y a pesar de que hay que arreglar el principio (yo lo hice), la pista Movietone es más larga que la restauración debido a que presenta esos momentos que fueron cortados.
radiotelefonia
Director consagrado
Director consagrado

Notapor zepol » Sab Jul 05, 2008 2:50 am

Gracias Bruce, también voy a por ella y a jubilar el archivo anterior.
zepol
Director de culto
Director de culto

Notapor nyxnet » Sab Jul 05, 2008 7:38 pm

zepol escribió:Gracias Bruce, también voy a por ella y a jubilar el archivo anterior.

Digo lo mismo. Pinchada queda.

Salu2.
Imagen Ted Nugent's Amboy Dukes - nyxnet (Ermua) - 5.756,20
nyxnet
Director consagrado
Director consagrado

Notapor Mr. Magoo » Lun Jul 07, 2008 12:11 am

nyxnet escribió:
zepol escribió:Gracias Bruce, también voy a por ella y a jubilar el archivo anterior.

Digo lo mismo. Pinchada queda.

Salu2.

Pues yo también digo lo mismo ... :-D
Mr. Magoo
Director consagrado
Director consagrado

Notapor Monsieur Lange » Lun Jul 07, 2008 12:05 pm

Gracias por traerla de dxc, bruce. Y a foratul también.
Hale a jubilar el otro ripeo.
¡TOTEM, venga ya, porfa, entrega los trastos a chus y droid!
Monsieur Lange
Director consagrado
Director consagrado

Notapor David_Holm » Lun Jul 07, 2008 3:09 pm

Gracias a todos los implicados, hilo actualizado :hola:
David_Holm
Director consagrado
Director consagrado

Ubicación: Nun lugar que nunca existiu, nun tempo xa esquecido

Notapor Forrest Gump » Lun Jul 07, 2008 6:09 pm

Gracias por traerla, bruce. ;-) Y reitero las gracias que le di a amnesiac en KG. :hola:

David_Holm escribió:... hilo actualizado...

Sólo faltaría cambiar TVRip por DVDRip en el Asunto... :mrgreen:
Forrest Gump
Director consagrado
Director consagrado

Re: Four Sons (John Ford, 1928) DVRip VOSE

Notapor David_Holm » Lun Jul 07, 2008 6:23 pm

:lala:
David_Holm
Director consagrado
Director consagrado

Ubicación: Nun lugar que nunca existiu, nun tempo xa esquecido