Maidstone (Norman Mailer; 1969) VHSRip VOSF

Elinks de largometrajes de cine experimental & underground (Experimental feature films) cuya duración exceda los 45 minutos (> 45 min.)

Maidstone (Norman Mailer; 1969) VHSRip VOSF

Notapor Tomsutpen » Vie Sep 22, 2006 11:14 pm

Can it be?

Imagen

The third of Norman Mailer's four attempts to have his way with a medium not his own has a bit more in the way of fantasy projection than even his previous efforts could have prepared an audience for.

Imagen

As Norman Kingsley, a world-class filmmaker with Presidential aspirations, Mailer waddles around a vast Long Island estate, waxes philosophical on whatever he can think of, and has his squat, pudgy way with any number of young lovelies ready to give themselves, soul and body, for the kind of immortality only his attentions can bring. Inspired as only a recidivist fantasy merchant can be under such circumstances, Mailer hurls himself on his own movie with a kind of grandiose relish that manages to give Maidstone, even at its looniest (and this is an extremely loony film) a strange kind of authenticity. As usual the cast consists of the novelist's friends, wives (current and future), hangers-on and assorted weirdos.

Not to be missed, of course, is that immortal, unrehearsed moment when one of the few professional actors in the cast, the great Rip Torn, attempts to kill Mailer onscreen.

Imagen

This comes from an extremely good VHS source (XviD), with French hardsubs.

Enjoy the madness!

Filesize: 700MB
Duration: 01:44:55
Resolution: 640x416
Video bitrate: 821 kb/s
Audio bitrate: 103 kb/s

eD2K link Maidstone (1969).avi
Última edición por Tomsutpen el Vie Sep 22, 2006 11:17 pm, editado 1 vez en total
Tomsutpen
Espectador
Espectador

Notapor kimkiduk » Sab Sep 23, 2006 1:01 am

Oo where you did found this gem??
thanks a lot again tom :amo:
Cualquier consulta o petición mándame un privado. No uso emule ni ningún programa de descarga por el momento, así que no podré recompartir películas.
kimkiduk
Director consagrado
Director consagrado

Notapor jean-marie » Sab Sep 23, 2006 11:37 am

i had a heart attack when i saw this topic!!! :emo:

great work Tom!!! :amo:
jean-marie
Intérprete Starsystem
Intérprete Starsystem

Notapor Tomsutpen » Sab Sep 23, 2006 8:33 pm

jean-marie escribió:i had a heart attack when i saw this topic!!! :emo:

great work Tom!!! :amo:

Thankye! I got this, and the preceding Mailer work, through regular trading channels (the less said about which in a public forum the better). In fact, I'm rather surprised that since these films were recently unearthed . . . Mailer's 1967 filmmaking debut, Wild 90, is still in the ether somewhere . . . that no one has sent them forth into the p2p universe before now.

Qusetion for kimkiduk: I know you don't want me flooding the forum with titles such as these (which I could do, albeit on a very small scale), but would 2 films per week be acceptable?

Thanks again, kimkiduk and jean-marie!
Tomsutpen
Espectador
Espectador

Notapor 3p » Dom Sep 24, 2006 12:01 am

Indeed, it's great to see some fresh blood in the relatively closed world of experimental cinema sharing :amo:
And your rips look very good!

that no one has sent them forth into the p2p universe before now.

We ripping and sharing these materials are few and pennyless indeed :^( ;-)

Qusetion for kimkiduk: I know you don't want me flooding the forum with titles such as these (which I could do, albeit on a very small scale), but would 2 films per week be acceptable?

That depends... you shoud be aware that nobody have yet completed your previous rips.

My stats are:

The Cool World: 62%
70'ernes folks: 43%
Beyond the law: 2%

so you see, things are going very very slowly. That's the way it is... As long as you plan to keep shared everything you release for a loong loong time (we're talking months here) I guess you can share as much as you want... but you have to nurture your shares and make sure people are able to finish them, or you'll end up frustrating people with a sort of Tantalus' punishment :-) So how much you can share really depends on your HD and, most of all, on your outgoing bandwidth.
3p
Amante del cine
Amante del cine

Notapor kimkiduk » Dom Sep 24, 2006 2:35 am

I think the same as trep ;-)
Right Now --> 70'ernes folks 43%
The rest of your rips i clicked in pause

You know better than us the best way of distribution, slow, but sure. :si:
Cualquier consulta o petición mándame un privado. No uso emule ni ningún programa de descarga por el momento, así que no podré recompartir películas.
kimkiduk
Director consagrado
Director consagrado

Notapor Tomsutpen » Lun Sep 25, 2006 12:55 am

kimkiduk escribió:I think the same as trep ;-)
Right Now --> 70'ernes folks 43%
The rest of your rips i clicked in pause

You know better than us the best way of distribution, slow, but sure. :si:

I see what you're saying. Though I should point out that it was always my intention to keep the films I post here on my harddrive. I've no plans to move them off after a period of time. I know how painfully slow eMule is, and how long it'll take those who queue up one of these things to actually download them.

That being said, I'll keep it to two films per week (which means I'll be posting another presently :-D ).

Thanks again!
Tomsutpen
Espectador
Espectador

Re: Maidstone (Norman Mailer; 1969)

Notapor adrian mole » Sab Abr 12, 2008 10:06 am

"adrian mole" escribió aquí:

¿Alguien puede volver a ponerla a compartir un par de horas? Nos hemos quedado diez personas a 9 megas de completarla y llevamos meses en esa situación :no:
adrian mole

Re: Maidstone (Norman Mailer; 1969)

Notapor Monsieur Lange » Sab Abr 12, 2008 12:05 pm

Anda, ésta se me escapó en su día. Me subo ahora a ver si llego a tiempo :hola:
¡TOTEM, venga ya, porfa, entrega los trastos a chus y droid!
Monsieur Lange
Director consagrado
Director consagrado

Re: Maidstone (Norman Mailer; 1969) VHSRip VOSF

Notapor ismael7 » Lun May 18, 2009 4:29 am

que alguien la comparta de nuevo!!!
más de tres años después
:hola:
ismael7
Recién llegad@
Recién llegad@

Volver a Largos Experimentales