Mensaje por Lobo López » 21 Oct 2012 13:05

METEL / Метель
Imagen
IMDB

Título original: Metel
Director: Vladimir Basov
Año: 1964
País: URSS
Guión: Vladimir Basov, Alexander Pushkin (“Los relatos de Belkin” )
Producción: Mosfilm
Intérpretes: Valentina Titova, Georgi Martynyuk, Oleg Vidov, Mariya Pastukhova, Sergei Papov, Nina Vilvovskaya, Anatoli Ignatyev.
Duración: 75 min.

Sinopsis: This romantic drama set after the War of 1812 is taken from the classic story by Alexander Pushkin. Vladimir (Oleg Vidov) is a young officer who settles in a small town. He falls for Maria (Valentina Titova), the pretty daughter of a widow (Maria Pastukhova) from whom he rents a room. Neither are able to commit to each other until he is called away for active duty during the cold winter. The music was provided by the gifted composer Georgy Sviridov and received heavy airplay on the radio and in concerts. ~ Dan Pavlides, Rovi
ImagenImagenImagen
ImagenImagenImagen
ImagenImagenImagen
Datos Técnicos:
Spoiler:
Format : AVI
Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
File size : 1.37 GiB
Duration : 1h 15mn
Overall bit rate : 2 604 Kbps
Writing application : FairUse Wizard - http://fairusewizard.com
Writing library : The best and REALLY easy backup tool

Video
ID : 0
Format : MPEG-4 Visual
Format profile : Advanced Simple@L5
Format settings, BVOP : Yes
Format settings, QPel : No
Format settings, GMC : No warppoints
Format settings, Matrix : Default (H.263)
Muxing mode : Packed bitstream
Codec ID : XVID
Codec ID/Hint : XviD
Bit rate : 2 146 Kbps
Width : 688 pixels
Height : 384 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 25.000 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.325
Stream size : 1.13 GiB (82%)
Writing library : XviD 1.1.0 (UTC 2005-11-22)

Audio
ID : 1
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension : CM (complete main)
Codec ID : 2000
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 448 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Stream size : 241 MiB (17%)
Alignment : Split accross interleaves
Interleave, duration : 40 ms (1.00 video frame)
Interleave, preload duration : 500 ms
:flecha: eD2K link Metel.1964.XviD.DVDRip-Kinozal.TV.avi [1.37 Gb] 

Subtítulos en español realizador por mí:

:flecha: http://www.subdivx.com/bajar.php?id=283195&u=7

:flecha: Subtítulos en inglés:
English custom subs, daftdigger for KG

http://subscene.com/english/Metel/subtitle-569502.aspx

- Bilge Ebiri en su blog:

Código: Seleccionar todo

The Blizzard (Vladimir Basov, 1964)
Ever since I saw it briefly mentioned in one of those Cahiers du Cinema “best films of the year” lists from the ‘60s, I’ve wanted to see this – and I finally managed to this year, and it was somehow as deliriously evocative as I’d imagined all these years. The story is a simple Pushkin tale, and the film itself is quite short, but the result is a work of completely outsize emotions, where every camera move and cut and music cue seems to bring the world crashing down around it. Amazing. It certainly doesn’t hurt matters that this features some of the most amazing work of composer Georgy Sviridov’s career. 
- Una breve biografía del director Vladimir Basov:

Born July 28, 1923, in the village of Urazovo. Soviet film director and actor; Honored Artist of the RSFSR (1964). Member of the CPSU since 1948.
In 1952, Basov graduated from the department of film directing of the All-Union State Institute of Cinematography (workshop of S. I. Iutkevich and M. I. Romm). He created a series of screen productions of Russian classics and works of Soviet literature. He produced the films School of Courage. (1954; based on the story School, by A. Gaidar); First Joys. (1956) and An Unusual Summer. (1957), based on the novels by K. Fedin; Battle on the Road. (1961; based on the novel by G. Nikolaeva); Silence (1964; based on the novel by Iu. Bondarev); The Snowstorm. (1964, based on the story by Pushkin); and the four-part Shield and Sword. (1968), based on the novel by V. Kozhevnikov, in which the Soviet reconnaissance scout Bruno played a role. Basov’s film School of Courage. (made jointly with M. V. Korchagin) received a prize as an educational film at the Eighth International Film Festival in Karlovy Vary (1954). Basov was awarded the Order of the Red Star and various medals. 

- Un artículo sobre las adaptaciones de esta obra de Pushkin al cine:

Geoffrey Griffard
The Effects of Soviet and Post-Soviet Political Climates on the Transposition of A.S. Pushkin’s Belkin Stories from Literature to Film Faculty Mentor: Raisa Solovyova, Germanic and Slavic Languages First of all, I must say that it was a great honor and privilege to receive the ORCA award and the opportunity to set off on my own academic journey. I was able to work with two of my greatest loves—film and Russia. In the journey, however, I also had to deal with the darker sides of their characters—those of bureaucracy and escapist entertainment.
In the end, I decided to concentrate my efforts on one tale from the Belkin series: The Snowstorm. I spent a month in Moscow, Russia, looking for my little film, The Snowstorm, and the whole search could be described as an exercise in bureaucratic functions (I could write an entire encyclopedia on Russian bureaucracy after the experience!) I went first to the Central Archive of Literature and Art where, more than just information about the film, they were able to tell me where else to search. The State Library (formerly Library of Lenin—most people still call it this) yielded a wealth of information. I discovered the real goldmine, however, when I visited the State Institute of Filmmakers where Vladimir Basov, the screenwriter and director of The Snowstorm, studied back in the forties. They had a collection of the best film journals and newspapers and even had a personal file on Basov full of newspaper clippings and articles that he had written. It was also here, incidentally, where the school staff was the most helpful and the bureaucratic hoops were kept in the closet.
Rather than the film being an example of Soviet realism and state-sponsored censorship, it and its surrounding questions could just as easily have cropped up in Hollywood. The discrepancies between the film and Pushkin’s original short story can be attributed largely to personal choices by the screenwriter/director and the studio’s desire to appeal to the movie-going masses.
Vladimir Basov was a veteran of the second World War and as soon as it was over he began his studies at the State School of Filmmakers. Not only was he a screenwriter and director, but he was also an actor. A good number of his films are adaptations of literary works (like The
Snowstorm). The ironic thing is that Basov is better known for his films depicting ordinary citizens in life-changing situations (your standard real-life dramas) and for his film series The Shield and the Sword—a wartime-based spy series that helped to inspire the present Russian president, Vladimir Putin, to join the KGB. Basov said that he wanted his films to be about the choices that faced people in life and the honor in making the correct choices. So when he made The Snowstorm this was the moral that he wanted at the heart of the story.
Critics, however, did not appreciate Basov’s retelling of Pushkin’s classic. They felt that all of the characters’ deep psychology had been removed and that the central theme of fate had been altogether overlooked. They were bound to be disappointed, however, because Basov was making a film about his interpretation of Pushkin’s tale and not merely placing Pushkin’s words into a visual format. This is the same dilemma that faces every film adaptation of literatura regardless of time or country.
Audiences did not appreciate the film because, although the film had been made such that it was beautiful and should have been pleasing to the average movie-goer (this approach explains Basov’s attention to the architecture of the time, the religious ceremonies, and the costumes— they were making a period piece and wanted to show audiences what those times looked like), the romance in it was not compelling enough, there were no movie-stars attached to the Project (all of the main actors were starring in their first movie—in fact, the main actress who plays Marya Gavrilovna, Valentina Titova, was in the film because Basov was in love with her and the two later married), and the actors did not generate enough heat to become stars. A film version of The Shot (also a Pushkin tale from the same series—the Tales of Belkin—that The Snowstorm hails from) filmed a few years later was, unlike The Snowstorm, a big hit despite being filmed in the same glossy appealing format for the masses merely because its two stars appealed to audiences. Despite Russians’ deep love for Pushkin, when it came to a movie version of his stories audiences still acted like your average movie-goers—going for gloss and appealing actors.
Unfortunately, there was no Soviet masterplan to demystify Pushkin stories. There was no secret religious agenda on Basov’s part to slip in as many shots of churches as possible. There was simply a young movie maker who wanted to make the movie his studio bosses wanted (something that would appeal to everyone), stay true to his movie motto of choices and honor, and cast the woman he was in love with in her first movie role. Well, I suppose that sort of passion is what I love about Russia anyway—and, of course, that sort of bureaucracy.

Saludos. :)

Ottto

Agradecimiento recibido: 4 veces

Re: Metel (Vladimir Basov, 1964) DVDRip VOSE

Mensaje por Ottto » 27 Oct 2012 12:33

Me la llevo, gracias Lobo.

gatatitania

Ubicación: Gatatitania es un gato hambriento, superviviente del planeta gatatitania...
Agradecimiento recibido: 1879 veces

Mensaje por gatatitania » 27 Oct 2012 13:27

¡Gracias, Lobo! :) :) :)

Bunker

Agradecimiento recibido: 1223 veces

Mensaje por Bunker » 25 Nov 2013 02:50

Muchas gracias Lobo.

yojimbo

Agradecimiento recibido: 4117 veces

Mensaje por yojimbo » 25 Nov 2013 12:54

También me apunto.

Muchas gracias, Lobo.

yojimbo

Mensaje por yojimbo » 26 Feb 2014 12:51

Sinopsis en español: Después de la guerra de 1812, el joven oficial Vladimir se instala en una pequeña ciudad. Allí alquila una habitación en casa de una viuda y se enamora de Maria, la bonita hija de ésta. (FILMAFFINITY)

Saludos.

yojimbo

Mensaje por yojimbo » 26 Feb 2014 12:52

Imagen

gudari

Agradecimiento recibido: 101 veces

Mensaje por gudari » 25 May 2016 12:23

Muy interesante, Lobo.
Eskerrik asko.

Hessler

Agradecimiento recibido: 21 veces

Mensaje por Hessler » 28 Jun 2016 21:14

Spasibo, Lobo.
Un saludo

Hessler

Agradecimiento recibido: 21 veces

Mensaje por Hessler » 30 Jun 2016 17:37

He visto la película. Es un melodrama romántico que se centra más en el romance que en la causa nacionalista, la Guerra Patriótica de 1812, pues sitúa la acción con posterioridad a la misma. Yo no leí bien la sinopsis y esperaba algo de componente bélico, pero me ha gustado igualmente.

La banda sonora es bella y majestuosa. Les dejo una muestra:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJVyBjdeTuM

Gracias de nuevo, Lobo López.

Un saludo

Responder

Volver a “Largos Modernos”