Glimpse of the Garden (Marie Menken, 1957) VHSrip

Elinks de cortometrajes de cine experimental & underground (Experimental short films) cuya duración no exceda o sea igual a 45 minutos (<= 45 min.)

Glimpse of the Garden (Marie Menken, 1957) VHSrip

Notapor Fitz » Vie Jun 02, 2006 3:43 pm

Next to Maya Deren, the female icon of the Avant-garde cinema, Marie Menken (1909-1970) was the other outstanding woman pioneer filmmaker of the 1940s through the 1960s in New York. Menken made about 20 short film poems of beauty, joy, and vitality in 16 mm. Hers is a very personal cinema without protagonists. It searches to express the viewer's emotional point-of-view to the limits of abstraction and rhythm (like Glimpse of a Garden, Eye Music In Red Major, Arabesque For Kenneth Anger, Go! Go! Go!, Wrestlers, Lights and Andy Warhol). For these films, she was the cameraperson and the editor "within the camera." The presence of her body gives the succession and patterns of images a physical quality. She is a master of single frame. Her filmic project Notebook, structured in a lyrical diary-style, has inspired many similar films up to this day. Her work tends to be brief and to the point - a high artistry. It reminds me of the late Maya Deren asking for "filmic haiku", a lyrical essence of poetry. I am fascinated by Menken's essential feeling for rhythm. I am encouraged by her playfulness.
- Jon Gartenberg

Glimpse of the Garden

Soundtrack: birdsong

"A lyric, tender, intensely subjective exploration of a flower garden, with extreme magnification, flashing color harmonies." - Cinema 16

"She deserves the order of the square halo, first class, with harps in diamonds." - Dwight Ripley

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

eD2K link Marie Menken - Glimpse of the Garden 1957 VHSrip XviD CiNEMAGROTESQUE.avi
Fitz
Haciendo méritos
Haciendo méritos

Notapor acg110080 » Vie Jun 02, 2006 4:03 pm

Pinchada. Y me alegro de tu regreso, Fitz.
Un saludo. :adios:
"¿Existe algún crimen mayor que el de instruir de forma deliberada y errónea al público acerca de la ciencia, el de engañarlo deliberadamente, el de defraudarlo y el de alimentar y estimular su ignorancia?" (Isaac Asimov)
acg110080
Director consagrado
Director consagrado

Ubicación: "Yo soy un hombre de gustos sencillos: siempre me conformo con lo mejor." Oscar Wilde

Notapor kimkiduk » Vie Jun 02, 2006 4:06 pm

Importante miembro del nuevo cine americano de la segunda mitad de siglo... Hasta ahora no recuerdo haber visto nada...
Muchas gracias Fitz :amo:

Imagen
Cualquier consulta o petición mándame un privado. No uso emule ni ningún programa de descarga por el momento, así que no podré recompartir películas.
kimkiduk
Director consagrado
Director consagrado

Notapor satantango » Mar Jun 13, 2006 5:36 am

satantango
Director consagrado
Director consagrado

Volver a Cortos Experimentales