Tom Tom the piper's son (Ken Jacobs, 1969) VHSRip VO

Elinks de largometrajes de cine experimental & underground (Experimental feature films) cuya duración exceda los 45 minutos (> 45 min.)

Tom Tom the piper's son (Ken Jacobs, 1969) VHSRip VO

Notapor Fitz » Mar Nov 22, 2005 11:22 pm

This film is a review of the 1905 film tom tom the piper's son, it is a masterpiece of the structuralist era, and Peter Tscherkassky in his film Outter Space owes a lot to this one. This film centers on details artifacts hidden within the composition of the image and on the end you get to see the actual film, like a new monster, like nothing you have ever seen, a reborn film from the decompose elements. Ken Jacobs achieves the 'deconstruction' of the film in elements which sometimes escape our eyes, anticipating what has knowed has post-structuralism it's silent, almost two hours. And I guess i'm glad to share it with you, it comes from the american edition of the vhs in 2002, not the re:voir tape, it's very compressible so more than this wouldn't be necessary. If you get to watch it, it would be nice if we could discuss it just pm me. :si:

Imagen
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0378889/

eD2K link Ken Jacobs - Tom Tom the Piper's Son.avi
Fitz
Haciendo méritos
Haciendo méritos

Notapor satantango » Vie Nov 25, 2005 10:14 pm

Thank you very much Fitz :amo: :amo: :amo:
This film is a legend and is considered like one of the most serious studies on the cinema. Now I will be able to see it after have reading on this film so many times. According to the critic Jonathan Rosenbaum, "Tom Tom the piper's son" is one of the best films filmed in the USA of all the times.

Fitz: you have Eadweard Muybridge, Zooprazographer (1974) by Thom Andersen?...

Cheers and thanks again!

-----------------

Próximamente información en español sobre esta película.
satantango
Director consagrado
Director consagrado

Notapor Fitz » Sab Dic 03, 2005 12:18 pm

No but I'll search for it :)
Fitz
Haciendo méritos
Haciendo méritos

Notapor satantango » Sab Dic 03, 2005 11:57 pm

Thanks Fitz :-)
satantango
Director consagrado